*NEW* Click Here to Read ’The Cutting Edge: Recent Research on the State of WA’s South West Forests’ by Professor Giles Hardy, Centre for Climate Change, Woodland and Forest Health, presentation to the EPA.
Join our Too Precious To Lose Campaign and Save our Cockatoos
The draft Forest Management Plan proposes massive increases in the logging levels for karri, marri and jarrah, including increasing the logging of marri trees, critical for black cockatoos, by up to 38%. Read our submission here and please support the campaigns to protect our forests: Conservation Council of WA and Western Australian Forest Alliance
The biggest Dental Reform in our history!
The Greens have secured an almost $5 billion investment into the dental health of millions of Australians.
Dental reform package: At-a-glance:
- The Greens have secured largest dental reform in Australian history.
- Nearly $5 billion in dental spend over the next 6 years with $4.1 billion in new money.
- A Medicare entitlement for 3.5 million kids aged 2-17 in low- and middle-income Family Tax Benefit A families who can receive treatment at the dentist of their choice.
- A massive investment in the public system totalling $1.3 billion over 4 years will boost capacity by 50% and cut waiting times.
- $225 million in further grants will address rural and regional service gaps, workforce issues, indigenous programs and other projects to fill the gaps in access to dental care.
Want to stay informed on the issue of Asylum Seekers?
Private Members Bill was introduced by Giz Watson – Mining (Community Protection) Amendment Bill 2012: A Bill to amend the Mining Act 1978 to provide for the Minister to exempt land from mining, and for mineral tenement applications to be subject to planning provisions.
View the latest by Giz:
On this site, you can:
Have Your Say:
- Environmental Protection Authority – applications open for submissions
- Department of Planning – projects open to public comment
- Department of Environment and Conservation – draft management plans open for public comment. Have your say on draft plans in preparation
- Department of Housing – comments sought for Aboriginal Settlements Guideline No.2 Provision of Housing and Infrastructure
- Department of Water – proposals open for public comment
- Departmnent of Fisheries – documents open for public comment
- Department of Agriculture – review of the Gene Technology Act 2006
- City of Nedlands – Out for Comment
- City of Stirling – community consultation
- City of Subiaco – Have your say
- City of Vincent – community consultation
- City of Wanneroo – Your Say
- Swan River Trust – River Protection Strategy